Our high quality black NON-ELASTIC strap is your perfect choice if you want a sturdy, LATEX FREE strap that holds up well in chlorinated pools. Fabricated in the U.S.A. out of high quality black webbing, this strap will prevent your belt from riding up and won't stretch out because there's no elastic in it's weave.
- 50 inches long (127 cm)
- 2 inches wide
- 2-inch dual locking, smooth contoured, side-release buckle with no rough edges.
- Fully adjustable
- Extremely durable
- Can be used with any other brand jogger belts that have with 2 inch wide entry holes.
1. How does the size and quality of this NON-ELASTIC strap compare to your ELASTIC strap?
It's the same size (50 inches long - 2 inches wide) and has the same super sturdy 2-inch side release buckle. Both straps are made here in the U.S. by the same fabricator, so they're the same high quality construction you've already experienced with our products.
2. Why do folks like your NON-ELASTIC strap for their WaterGym® Belt better than your ELASTIC strap?
- Your belt will never ride up! The strap tightens down super easy and stays put. As one customer said "I have become ONE with my BELT". Sounds a little woo woo but we think it's true!
- This strap never stretches out because there's no elastic to breaks down over time in chlorinated water (like your bathing suit). That's the ONLY reason our belt ever rides up. Folks don't know how to properly re-adjust the strap once it stretches out and gets a little longer. PS... this is fixable. Call us!
- The firmness of the strap won't constrict breathing because our soft foam still expands and "breathes with you" during your workouts.
3. Why don't you offer both types of straps?
At this point, we're only offering our NON-ELASTIC strap. This is because our ELASTIC strap is custom milled here in the U.S. (we love U.S. products!) and we have to purchase them in lots of 6,000 at a time. Since currently we're not making our WaterGym Belt, we do not want to purchase a 6K mill-run, especially since most of our customers now prefer our NON-ELASTIC strap.
4. My waist is over 50 inches (127 cm). Will this strap work for me?
Yes! Simply purchase our 24-INCH EXTENDER STRAP to go along with it. The two straps easily clasp together so your belt extends up to 70 inches (177 cm). PLEASE NOTE: Our EXTENDER STRAP is has elastic in it so it is NOT latex free. If you need a latex free option, clasp two of these non-elastic straps together instead. Please call us if you have questions.
5. What if I purchase the NON-ELASTIC strap and I don't like it?
No worries! Simply try it out with your belt in the water, and if you don't like it, give it a good rinse, dry it out and return it to us for a full refund. SEE OUR RETURN POLICY
6. Does your WaterGym Belt have latex in it?
The BLUE FOAM part of our WaterGym Belt DOES NOT have latex in it, however our BLACK ELASTIC STRAP that comes standard in our WaterGym Belt belt DOES. If you have a latex allergy, simply swap out the ELASTIC STRAP with this NON-ELASTIC STRAP as this strap DOES NOT contain latex. Please have someone change out the strap for you if you should not touch latex products, or ask us to make the swap for you here. We also have a NON-ELASTIC WHITE STRAP.
7. How do I string my new strap into my WaterGym Belt?
SEE WATERGYM BELT STRAP INSTRUCTIONS HERE.
Call if you have questions about REPLACEMENT STRAPS FOR YOUR WATER FLOAT BELT.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 14 | Next
Posted by Unknown on 21st Oct 2022
Replacement strap was simple to thread into the belt. Belt didn’t ride up. It stayed. In place. I had the original elastic strap too. I like them both, but I can see why the non-elastic strap is popular. Great product!
Great idea improvement
Posted by Unknown on 13th Oct 2022
Much to my surprise the new non elastic belt works better than the original. It does not ride up my body
Should have ordered three non-elastic belts
Posted by Diane Smiley on 4th Jul 2022
I was pretty distraught that after four years away from water aerobics, my belt would NOT stay in place no matter how tight I adjusted it, Another student told me about the newer NON-elastic belt. I now again enjoy water aerobics without spending an inordinate amount of time adjusting it. A couple of other participants as well as the instructor asked about it. You may get a few more orders soon.
Non elastic belt
Posted by I’m not elastic belt kept that rotation else in place very nicely! on 10th Jun 2022
At first I wasn’t sure I wanted to switch from elastic to non-elastic but I’m a convert! I’m not elastic belt kept that rotation else in place very nicely!
Posted by Jude on 20th Apr 2022
This is the 2nd non-stretchy belt I’ve purchased. I find them vastly superior to the stretchy belts and they won’t wear out!
Sure helps with slipping!
Posted by Diana on 8th Oct 2021
I've been using my water gym belt for many years and loving it except for the slipping that occurs over time with a stretched out strap. Recently, I purchased the non-elastic strap and I can tell it does make a difference. So that's why I'm giving it a 5 star review.
Posted by Rachel on 24th Sep 2021
I had gone online to purchase a new elastic strap for my WaterGym but it wasn’t available. Called and talked to Suzanne, she strongly recommended the non-elastic strap. I ended up purchasing one for myself and one for a friend. We both use our WaterGym in the pool. I had to adjust the elastic strap every time I was in the pool but the non-elastic strap stays put. We both love our new non-elastic straps!
Great elastic replacement strap
Posted by Cheryl on 24th Sep 2021
Really appreciate being able to replace the strap and not the whole belt. I’m in the pool for class about 3x/ wk and it is about 3 years old. Great customer service!
How great is it that if you strap wears out you can get a replacement, and still use the belt?!
Posted by Unknown on 16th Aug 2021
Great customer centered innovated company.
Best product ever!
Posted by Janet on 31st Jul 2021
I've had my Watergym floatation belt for 10 years. The elastic strap finally stretched out. The new nonelastic strap makes the belt adjust easily and fit snugly. Absolutely no complaints!!
Showing reviews 1-10 of 14 | Next