WaterGym Belt - Sizes
To determine your size, take a CURRENT, accurate waist measurement.
Then view our SIZE CHART & read important FAQ's below - ESPECIALLY #1.
1. Your belts may vary slightly in the same size range? Please explain...
2. I am a MAN. Which size is best?
Exception: You might require a SMALL if your waist is 31 inches or less and 5'5 in height or less. We also might have MED/LARGE belt that's on the smaller side that we can custom pick for you at no extra charge. Please call to discuss. MEN: PLEASE MEASURE YOUR WAIST WITH A TAPE MEASURE BEFORE CALLING. Your "pant size" is NOT your waist measurement and can be flattering by up to 4 or 5 inches. Seriously! We chuckle every time...
3. I am a WOMEN with waist sizes of 31" or less. Which size is best?
4. I am a WOMEN with waist sizes of 32" or more. Which size is best?
To see approximately where the blue foam will end around your waistline with our sizes, wrap a tape measure around your waist and measure to 27" for our small and 32" for our MED/LARGE belt.
Our X-LARGE belt is MAINLY FOR MEN who need extra buoyancy and are "SINKERS" because it's 2" WIDER and 1/2" THICKER than our streamlined design of the other 2 sizes. Women RARELY prefer the XL because they don't want bulk foam around their waist, and don't require that much flotation!
For 16 years, we only offered the SMALL and MED/LARGE size. It worked perfectly for 99% of all women. That said, if you want a LONGER belt, we can custom pick our longest MED/LARGE belt in stock for you. Quite often we have them close to the same length as the XL. PLEASE call to discuss as the XL belt is expensive to ship if you have to return it.
Choose the SMALL if you:
- Are comfortable in the deep end of your pool without any flotation at all.
- Don't care how far the foam wraps around your waist. It does NOT have to go all the way around. We have gals with 45-50 inch waistlines who prefer minimal foam and wear the small.
- Prefer LESS foam and bulk, and want a more streamlined look and feel around your waist.
- Don't need a lot of foam to float you. About 85% of our female customers float very well with the small belt.
- You like the feeling of freedom!
Choose the MED / LARGE if you:
- Are NOT comfortable in the deep end of your pool without any belt at all.
- Like the feeling of having the foam wrap as far around your waist as possible.
- Prefer MORE foam and the greater sense of security it provides.
- Want to ride higher in the water.
- Are a “sinker” (athletic, lean, not much body fat) & need extra flotation.
5. My waist is over 50 inches.
6. How can I get a belt EXACTLY the same size as the one I already have?
1. Laying it on a flat table, face down with the WHITE LOGO SIDE DOWN. Measure inside of belt.
2. Stretch it fully flat. Measure the full length (end to end) and width.
3. Call us with your measurements: 1-888-928-3749.
7. Is there a "weight limit" to the WaterGym® Belt?
- "sinker" (higher ratio of lean mass to body fat- requiring more flotation)
- "floater" (higher ratio of body fat to lean mass- requiring less flotation)
- “neutrally buoyant” (balanced)