Please follow these important safety tips to assure your optimal safety
and well-being while participating in WaterGym®.
- As with any exercise program, a medical check up is advised before beginning. Ask your physician if WaterGym is the right workout for you, especially if you have special physical considerations or are taking medications that affect your ability to exercise.
- Non-swimmers should not participate in WaterGym without a qualified lifeguard present.
- Before entering pool, make sure your WaterGym flotation belt is comfortable and secure around your waist. Test the buckle to make sure it is secure.
- Enter and exit your pool carefully, holding securely onto the handrail for support. Pool ladders and steps can be slippery!
- During your workout, always workout at a pace that is comfortable. Take breaks when needed.
- Start out slow. Only do a part of the workout. Progress as your fitness improves.
- Only perform exercises that are safe and comfortable for your physical fitness level.
- If you experience any pain or unusual symptoms, stop exercising and consult your doctor immediately.
- Hydrate well! Drink water, before, during and after your workout.